Thursday, December 2, 2010


Quick mold tonight
Spent the last couple evenings making a few last little Sculpey pieces to go with the arrows.
Once I got them all squared away, I used superglue to stick them all down onto a piece of melamine.

Once they were all stuck down, I hot-glued some foam core walls around them. I make the melamine level, so the mold will be level when I pour into it. Or that's the theory. So far that hasn't totally worked out, but I keep hoping. That broken arrow in the middle is a gluing error that snapped when I tried to fix it . On the flip side, the other arrows were a bit warped, and I managed to glue them straight, so we'll call it even.

Then I mixed up an old smooth-on pmc121/30 kit I had left over from school and poured away. Almost, almost not enough material, which would have been a bummer. As it is, it's a bit too close for comfort, but since that's all the urethane rubber I had on hand, I can't complain.

Let the record show that at this moment, Even though I don't seem to be able to finish anything, I'm feeling optimistic. I've got the digital system in place (more on that later), hired someone to make the frames, and got some help coming tomorrow. Things are looking efficient. Things are looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment