Gotten a bit behind in my posting, but suffice it to say, I'm still working on the damn figure.
Going for my third attempt at the arrow today.
Two weeks ago I finally managed see the sculpture with the arrow installed.
It looked like this.
The good news was that the arrow attached to the body pretty much like I'd hoped. The bad news was two-fold. First, while the arrow was the same size as all the others, it looked much, much too long. In the end, Jess, Rob and I decided it looked about 10.5 inches too long. That's a lot to trim off a man's arrow, but so be it. The second problem was that it sagged, and a sagging arrow is a metaphor I don't need.
So, round two. I decided that the best solution would be